Sunday, November 9, 2014

Interstellar!!!!

This post may not even be coherent because it is super late and all I want to be right now is unconscious. BUT. I have to post about Interstellar.

That movie is so good. It is one of my favorite movies directed by Chris Nolan thus far, though I still say Inception remains my favorite. However, there are so many things about Interstellar that I absolutely loved.

First, I saw it on Imax. So it was even more beautiful because I got to watch it on a giant screen. The filming was fantastic. Each scene was beautiful, and I was so impressed with the special effects. Secondly, the music was phenomenal. The music itself conveyed themes portrayed in the movie. When you watch it, pay attention to the music. The two-tone music reflects a binary theme. Pretty appropriate, no? Genius.

Thirdly, the themes of the movie were beautiful. I love how it weaves in love of family between a father and a daughter, the power of love in general, the importance of overcoming fear, of choosing love over survival, and more. I love the dynamic of each individual character. Almost every character in the film was incredibly well-written, and they all act upon different motives, which diversity reflects the different characteristics  of the human race.

No comments:

Post a Comment